Spam links injections are one of the malicious activities that the hackers can execute to affect the performance of your WordPress site.
This process of hacking is called spamdexing or SEO spam. Instead of doing some hard work aiming to get the pages to rank legitimately on the SERPs, the hackers will just make use of your website and hijack your SEO accomplishments.
Some of the things that are includes are,
- Inserting the hyperlink: If the user, who is using your site clicks on these links, the link redirects to the other website. The site might be even related to illegal products or contents.
- Inserting keywords: some keywords are considered spam in the pages and it will be helpful to rank high in the Google Result pages. When the user searches for these keywords, your website will move high in the ranking
- Creating several pages: Sometimes they might even create thousands of pages as well
- Send spam emails: some unauthorized mails will to the customers in the database
- Display the banner and ads: your site will be used as the space for promotions
Some tricky things with the SEO spam injection are that these hackers can move to some extent and so they can go to some extent from website owners even for a long time. Thus, it will go undetected for a longer time.
How to find the SEO spam on the WordPress sites
If you are the owner of the website if your site showed up that you wouldn’t want to remove the SEO spam from WordPress?
Unfortunately, SEO spam on WordPress is not always obvious and it can live even in your site’s core files apart from the public-facing pages.
Here are some of the tools that will help you to find the SEO spam available on WordPress websites.
- Google Search Console: if you still have not set up your website on the Google Search Console, it is now the high time to do it.
It is one of the most invaluable tools that now only help you to find the SEO spam on the different WordPress, but also maintain some overall health of the site.
This tool will be more useful to show you where in the directory to find it.
- Google Transparency Report: Google Temperance Report is one of the important factors that you need to check out. Enter the web address of your site or the URL of a certain page and this will display the level of safety.
Even if you do not suspect that your site is infected, it is still good to check where you are standing with the search engine.
- Google Yourself: with the help of the incognito, search for the URL of your website and this will appear the pages on the websites.
Check to see if there are any possibilities for spam. This is not a comprehensive method, but if you are the owner of the website, this will help you to preserve the health of the website.
- Security Plugins: if you want to be proactive about avoiding the SEO spam on your WordPress, a security plugin is a right way to achieve it.
You need to look for the best security plugin to reduce the likelihood of SEO spam infection. These will automatically run scans for looking for the malware and it will also include some other features to lock down the WordPress site.
How to find and fix the SEO spam injection links on your website?
Though this is complicated, it's hard to fix only if you do not know how to find the right method. If you have ever tried to manually find the deleted SEO spam, you might have understood that it will not work anymore.
The spam will just regenerate just because of two reasons,
- There is vulnerability on your website that is allowing the hacker to have more access.
- The malware present on your website will make use of the corn jobs which is one of the ways to create the backdoor in your site regularly
In such cases of the SEO spam Hacks, the manual methods of detection cannot be recommended.
This is because the manual method will simply clean the outer area, but the deeply hidden things cannot be removed.
How to prevent the websites from such Spam URLs?
- Use strong passwords: you can make use of some password tracking tool and it will help you in choosing the password that cannot be found easily by the hackers. Further, you can also try to change the passwords frequently to be on the safer side.
- Make your server always clean: If there are any unused versions of WordPress on the server, try to delete it frequently. Getting free from several WordPress files, Plugins, Themes, etc, can be deleted if you do not need them anymore.
- Protect the computer home network: you need to run the virus scans frequently if you are using the windows on your computer. You should be careful about the sites you are visiting and do not click on any links unless you know what it is.
- Do not log in with the Wi-Fi networks: public Wi-fi is not safe when it comes to accessing the information with privacy. When you are using the Wi-fi, your details can easily run on the packet sniffing software, which will make it easier to hack the data.
- Choose the right web hosting: web hosting is probably the one who will store all the data on the internet. They should follow enough measures to safeguard the data found in them.
The bottom line
Thus, you might have got an idea about the URL injection into your sites and this can be prevented.
Safe grading the data is one of the most important that you need to care in the current internet technology.
So, make sure you handle the right measures and protect the data on the internet.